Every year, those of us in relationships rack our brains over the perfect gift to get our partners for Valentine’s Day. It’s a great opportunity to be creative and show someone how much we care for them. There is no shortage of viral videos portraying elaborate schemes or meticulously orchestrated maneuvers meant simply to communicate “I love you.”
In our overzealous attempts to wow the pants off our partners, perhaps we sometimes miss the point of Valentine’s Day gift giving. Whatever the gift is, it should be a heartfelt gesture of true love and affection. Over-complicated gifts can often miss the mark and cost us too much time and money. In an effort to go back to the basics, let’s consider these tried and true, yet often overlooked, Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
- Diamond Jewelry – Diamonds have always been and will continue to be among the best and most effective Valentine’s Day gifts. These “tears of the gods” have been a symbol of lasting love and fidelity for centuries, and anyone on the receiving end of diamond jewelry is never disappointed. Diamond jewelry can be pricey, but it needn’t be. At Modell, we have a unique selection of diamond and platinum jewelry priced for all budgets. Browse our unique diamond inventory at ModellDiamonds.com.
- Flowers/Chocolate – Surprising your partner with a bouquet of a dozen red roses and box of gourmet caramels is a wonderful way to express your affection. This gift idea is also great for those of us on a budget.
- Portrait/Photography Session – Consider booking a professional photographer for a couple’s session. Professional photos are a great way to commemorate your relationship. You can even send your favorite photo off to a portrait artist to be rendered in rich oil paints. Note: There are lots amateur photographers and artists lurking out there. If you choose to go this route, be sure to do some research, see examples of their work and obtain credible references.
- Travel – Surprise your loved one with a trip to a new or exciting destination. This gift idea can be costly, but it needn’t be. For those of us in a budget, find a spot in town or just outside of town with historic significance or a great vista. Set up a picnic, serve some wine and cheese and enjoy each other’s company.
- Dinner – Find a restaurants that offers a special menu for two on Valentine’s Day. It’s a great chance to have a romantic night out and try some adventurous food. If you’re looking for something more intimate, prepare something at home that your partner will love. Even if you’re not the best chef, you’re partner will appreciate the gesture.
- Massage/Spa Day – Who couldn’t use a great massage? A gift certificate for a massage and spa day is a great idea for anyone.